Click > eBook Gift - “Guide to Authentic Life Balance: Six Steps to Restore Your Time & Refill Your Soul”
Journey from Tired to Inspired
HE HAS MADE EVERYTHING BEAUTIFUL IN ITS TIME (Ecc 3:11a NIV)
A few years after transitioning from a corporate career to a new season as a stay-at-home mom, the Lord revealed my God-given purpose, which I felt led to fulfill by becoming a Life Coach.
While striving to care for my two busy boys, learn to cook when I didn’t like it, be a master of all trades for my household, build my business, serve in ministry, pursue my love of writing and lose the baby weight that clung to my mid-section for dear life, trying to control it ALL left me helpless.
In time, stressful life situations, along with my unrealistic expectations, lack of boundaries and my mindset bouncing between confidence and second guessing myself, left me living out of balance and feeling defeated. Discouraged, I shrank back from my dreams of building my business and women’s ministry, abandoned the joy of my writing, left self-care dwindling and defaulted to daily going through the motions of checking off my to-do list.
I loved being there for my family and others, but stopped being there for myself. Where I’d been inspired, I’d gotten tired. Life happened…chronic pain…insomnia…relocations…leaving behind friends…inability to keep up with exercise…parenting and family challenges…stress…overwhelm…discouragement…LOSING MYSELF.
Yet I was still keeping everything “perfectly” held together for the family and household (well…except for piles of laundry, dishes and paper clutter…and home-cooked dinners!). Everyone could count on me…but me. My identity and dreams drifted away.
WHERE I MISSED THE MARK…
- FIRST, I was LIVING DRIVEN by what I thought I was supposed to be and do in my home and work life–hoping God would bless MY plans. “Getting it all done” became my idol, hindering me from being fully present with my Lord, myself and my family, causing stress and overwhelm.
- NEXT, I allowed myself to be tossed to and fro by circumstances and dragged down by my emotions, leaving me drained of peace, joy and passion, ultimately GIVING UP what God had gifted to me to bring wellness and fulfillment into my life.
- FINALLY, through my struggles I was mostly WALKING ALONE, without much needed spiritual and practical support—which was an easy pit to fall into since we were always moving and I often stayed at home with my sons. And I found that even well-meaning people were often so busy with their own to-do lists or burdened by their own trials that it was a challenge to build deep, intimate relationships to openly share and work on change.
ONLY BY GOD’S GRACE…
Fast forward some years and now I’ve tossed out the habit of just checking my “to-do” list “to do” life! With one young adult and one about to be, I’m soon joining God’s family of women in the empty nest. I’ve reconnected with who I really am, clarified my calling, and am patiently allowing God to lead me in His timing and ways to balance His purposes in all areas of my life.
Less became more when I stopped striving in the flesh and just letting life happen, and instead started trusting God in faith, balancing life based on His purposes and vision for my life and replacing my limited and distorted thinking with His truth.
WHAT I LEARNED…
- Instead of living driven by the seeming success of outer results, I LEARNED TO LIVE INSPIRED by the finding God’s will for my life in all areas, walking in His timing and ways.
- Instead of losing sight of who I am and how God uniquely designed me, I LEARNED TO be intentional to balance caring for others and managing responsibilities with making choices to FILL MYSELF with God’s truth and what breathes life into me.
- Instead of isolating with my struggles, I LEARNED TO always seek to WALK WITH OTHERS who were likeminded to support one another through life’s ups and downs.
All of that is easier said than done, and even less easy when done on your own. I am so thankful that by the grace of God I came out stronger on the other side. He’s not finished with me yet. And God’s grace can pull you through and make things new—and make you new even if some things don’t seem they may change. You can answer the question “What is God’s will for your life?” You can have a full life even if you are in the empty nest!
And NO MATTER who you are or what your past or present holds, YOU MATTER!
God has PURPOSE for you in all areas of your life and a unique CALLING for you to fulfill in His time. God’s WILL for your life now and in the future is extraordinary!
BECOME who you are! Live INSPIRED by purpose!
I am a graduate of Coach U, a leading global provider of coach training programs meeting the requirements for accreditation by the International Coach Federation (ICF), and a member of Christian Coaches Network International.
I’ve completed specialized training earning Certificates in Coaching for Calling/Life Purpose and Cognitive Behavioral Coaching from the Institute for Life Coach Training, and Behavior Change Specialist from the National Academy of Sports Medicine, from which I held a Certified Personal Trainer credential.
Walk with me to step into God’s extraordinary vision for your life!
Subscribe to my Blog for Biblical insights & coaching actions to fulfill God’s calling for your empty nest life.
My eBook Gift to You: “Guide to Authentic Life Balance: Six Steps to Restore Your Time & Refill Your Soul”